On 02. feb. 2015 17:11, Timur Kristóf wrote:
> I suggest we wait to deal with DB names until we also have a way
> deal with filenames. And this time test that it works is practice.
> And then I also suggest to try to make this mess simple to deal
> with for programmers and or users. I guess I should have separated
> that from the rest more clearly.
I can write a patch which does the UTF-8 to UTF-16 conversion on
Windows for file paths, but I would hate to restrict db names to UTF-8
text only (or for that matter, any text only). However, not supporting
non-UTF-8 db names in mdb_dump and mdb_load sounds like a reasonable
compromise to me.
I suggest we wait to deal with DB names until we also have a way to
deal with filenames.