--On Monday, January 15, 2018 7:56 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount
Also note that the code to do the initial import has to pick a
address to record as the person who created the bug (and all follow ups).
In part because none of those accounts exist in the DB.
I did not like this aspect of the import script, so I rewrote it to create
accounts as necessary and full retain the information as a part of the
import process. I think the result is much improved:
Now, if someone's account already exists, they can do one of two things:
a) Use the github auth integration, and it just works.
b) Request a password reset, and then follow the instructions from the URL
that's provided via email.
As a part of this effort, I have spent time consolidating various email
addresses different people have used over the years down into a single
address. For example:
All got mapped to: quanah(a)openldap.org
This helped to reduce the number of accounts created in the system. I'm
sure there are account mappings I've missed so if you see one, let me know
sooner rather than later so I can fix it before the production migration
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by OpenLDAP: