> Update of /repo/OpenLDAP/pkg/ldap/tests/scripts
> Modified Files:
> test049-sync-config 1.3 -> 1.4
> Log Message:
> make sure replication finished before comparing data (under valgrind,
> replication may take ages)
I debated adding such a check before. I think the first check you added
should be removed.
That was overparanoid. I added it only for completeness. In fact, the
only case that's creating trouble right now on my laptop is that of the
actual data. Using valgrind with SLAPD_DEBUG=0 it requires two
ldapsearches to actually get the data in. Also, I simply made it check
for the last entry that's added, although there might be no guarantee that
that shows up last in the consumer as well.
In my initial testing there were timing-dependent
that cropped up when refreshing was occurring while the ldapadd was
I think it's important that we continue to test for this case, however
crudely it's done. Too bad we don't have a reliable means to notify the
script when the consumer has actually started its work. We could query
back-monitor but normally (not under valgrind) the refresh could complete
before we got the back-monitor search result.
I was also considering the possibility to compare some contextCSN between
producer and consumer. Maybe that's the best way.