Full_Name: Peter van Dijk
OS: Mac OS X 10.10.5
Submission from: (NULL) (2001:610:666:0:c92b:7aa7:bc73:c430)
The procedure follow is fully repeatable with consistent problematic results for
Unable to reproduce this on Linux using RE24.
installed via osx homebrew with configure flags
(2) config and related files as uploaded on the given URL (cosine.schema is
unedited but included for completeness)
(3) /usr/local/var/openldap-data/ is empty
(4) sudo /usr/local/opt/openldap/libexec/slapd -d 255 -u peter 2> slapd.log
(5) ldapmodify -D 'uid=peter,o=habbie' -w secret -c < named.conf.ldif 2>
ldapmodify.log ; ldapdelete -D 'uid=peter,o=habbie' -w secret -r ou=dns,o=habbie
modify is unhappy, initially because of some unknown attributes (thish is why I
used -c), then later because it is hitting the MDB maxsize of 10 megabytes.
ldapdelete then fails to delete the ou=dns tree due to MDB errors
(6) increasing maxsize after this 'corruption' has happened does NOT enable
ldapdelete to suddenly work
ldapdelete works fine for me after raising maxsize.
(7) (with slapd stopped, not sure it matters): $
/usr/local/opt/openldap/sbin/slapcat outputs 191771 lines to stdout before
56a63063 mdb_entry_decode: attribute index 24 not recognized
Segmentation fault: 11
Never saw this, slapcat runs to completion with no complaints.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/