Kartik Subbarao wrote:
I'd like to add one clarification to this message. I named the
test script that illustrates the two RESULT messages problem
test099-ppolicy-update, per Howard's previous advice not to duplicate
existing names. But I just realized that this script relies on the same
data files that I previously submitted (slapd-ppolicy.conf,
ppolicy.ldif) so when running this script please ensure that those files
are in place.
Right, no problem. I've run your updated script against HEAD and see no
errors, nor is there a duplicate result sent for the Bind operation.
There's a config error because back-ldap in HEAD now always requires the
binddn to be set in the idassert-bind directive. I have a feeling that this
new requirement is bogus, and I just patched your script to set binddn="" to
get around it for the moment.
On 02/02/2011 11:50 AM, Kartik Subbarao wrote:
>>> Another problem is that bind operations to the consumer server start to
> >> return two result messages -- one with the error code of the chained
> >> operation, and one with the error code of the bind operation.
> I'm continuing to see this problem, even after I fix the acl-bind and
> the 'manage' ACL configuration. See the attached for an updated test
> script that illustrates the problem -- I've added a bind with an
> incorrect password which should return 49, but instead is returning 0 to
> the client.
> The last line of output from the test script is:
> ldap bind operation returned 0, expected 49
> For the relevant operation in slapd.2.log, I see the following:
> conn=1003 op=0 RESULT tag=103 err=0 text=
> conn=1003 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=49 text=
> slapd is returning two RESULT messages for the BIND operation. Error 0
> seems to be from the successful chained modification of the
> pwdFailureTime attribute, and Error 49 seems to be for the incorrect
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/