Bug ID: 9229
Summary: Make liblutil usable by libldap
Target Milestone: ---
liblutil is a static library (non-PIC) and so cannot be linked into shared
objects, however we have several use cases for reusing its code in libldap.
- moving more code from liblutil to libldap
- just merge the whole thing?
- are there components that link liblutil but _not_ libldap?
- build liblutil as PIC (take a minor performance hit when linked into
- build liblutil twice (liblutil.a and liblutil_pic.a)
- symlink liblutil sources into libldap build dir, like libldap_r does with
- both of these last options require checking whether executables can call
the PIC symbols safely (if some symbols are used by both library and program
Nice-to-have for 2.5, I'd say more likely for 2.6 at this point.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.