--- Comment #3 from Ondřej Kuzník <ondra(a)mistotebe.net> ---
So I've been looking into moving the majority of liblutil into libldap. Saying
majority because there's some things that would be a little awkward:
- we carry some crypto implementations (md5, sha1), maybe it's time we required
a crypto library of some sort for that? Then those could go altogether
- ntservice.c and slapmsg collection might move into servers/slapd instead
- some symbol presence is potentially volatile which doesn't mesh well with
libldap symbol versioning:
- again NT (ifdef HAVE_NT_SERVICE_MANAGER, HAVE_NT_EVENT_LOG)
- HAVE_LONG_LONG (lutil_atollx and HASH64*)
- memcmp/getpeereuid and a few more stand-ins
We can probably drop some (memcmp at least) since libldap has relied on libc
providing them for some time already. If we can't, a little of that might have
to stay in liblutil that's still a static library.
After it is done and we're happy with it, we'll update the link script to
include the new symbols saying they exist as of LIBLDAP2.201, that's the easy
I've started on a little cleanup (getting rid of code behind/using macros that
never existed in VCS, memcmp, ...) that can get in soon regardless of whether
we've decided on the above.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the issue.