Full_Name: Jon C. Kidder Version: 2.4.30 OS: rhel 5.0 URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/ Submission from: (NULL) (188.8.131.52)
Gentlemen, I need some help. I've been working on a problem for a couple of weeks and I can't seem to find a solution. I have encountered at least one bug and possibly two.
I am building a new directory for my company using OpenLDAP 2.4.30 and BDB 5.3.15. I am trying to pull in records from a foreign directory and map them into my directory. All of the foreign records are proxied into 3 child nodes of my directory. I am able to do this successfully using back-ldif and overlay-rwm. The problem I am encountering is that I have setup multi-master replication of the entire new directory with a filter to exclude the proxied nodes because each of my directory servers independently proxies those nodes. When the replication starts syncrepl causes an ABEND on every node that attempts replication. I have discovered that the ABEND occurs because my filter does not work and syncrepl is trying to replicate the proxied records. I have also discovered that my filter is not working because rwm-suffixmassage does not appear to be rewriting the entryDN of my proxied records. If my entryDN problem is configuration related I could use some help figuring it out. I am still submitting this as a bug because even if the entryDN problem is not a bug syncrepl should detect the replication/proxy conflict and abort the replication gracefully rather than ABEND the directory server.
I love the work the OpenLDAP team is doing. I am a very strong advocate of open source products at my company. I would love to take a deep dive into the code and resolve this issue myself but unfortunately can not. I am an administrator/operator by day and a single parent of 6 year old triplet boys by night. I am not afforded as many opportunities to exercise my development skills as I would like. Any assistance the OpenLDAP team can render would be greatly appreciated. I can try to build a complete test suite that will allow recreation/testing of these 2 issues if needed.
Sample ldapsearch result showing inconsistent DN rewrite (DN is rewritten but entryDN is not):
/appl/openldap/bin/ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Directory Manager,dc=Global,dc=aep,dc=com" -y $HOME/buildpwd -s sub -b 'dc=Global,dc=aep,dc=com' '(cn=s012235)' '+' # extended LDIF # # LDAPv3 # base <dc=Global,dc=aep,dc=com> with scope subtree # filter: (cn=s012235) # requesting: + #
# s012235, Information Technology, AD_Corp, Employees, Users, Global.aep.com dn: cn=s012235,ou=Information Technology,ou=AD_Corp,ou=Employees,ou=Users,dc=G lobal,dc=aep,dc=com entryDN: cn=s012235,ou=Information Technology,ou=LOB Users,dc=corp,dc=aepsc,dc =com subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema
slapo-rwm(5) explicitly skips entryDN (and removes it from attributes returned by searches) because entryDN is (re-)added by the frontend.
Of course both events appear to be erroneous; unless they result from a misconfiguration (and in any case for the sigsegv) they need to be addressed.
I suggest you create a minimal setup that shows the problem (either one for each problem, or one for both) and upload it according to instructions here http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html#submitting. Attaching it to an email is not an option because the ITS does not handle attachments well.