Full_Name: Asal Mirzaieva
OS: Windows 7
Submission from: (NULL) (188.8.131.52)
When building openldap on windows, using msys and mingw (mingw32 v4.9.3) the
following error appears:
In file included from base64.c:38:0:../../include/portable.h:1116:19: error: two
or more data types in declaration specifiers
#define socklen_t int
Steps to reproduce the bug:
1. Install Mingw32 with mingw-get-setup.exe.
2. Launch msys.bat in msys folder to open msys console.
3. Download and install Spencer's regex in /usr/local
4. Download openldap-2.4.44
5. Unzip and untar the openldap and go to the openldap-2.4.44's directory
6. Run configure as follows
LIBS="-static -lrxspencer" --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-slapd
7. Run make depend
8. Run make
9. Get the error, that was described above.
I haven't tried to reproduce this bug with other PCs/OS versions/MinGW
Workaround: after commenting the line 1116 in include/portable.h the error was
gone and I was able to successfully build and use openldap. Well,
means, I could link it statically and run ldap_initialize(), but not
ldap_sals_bind(), because I haven't installed SASL.