thanks for your info. I compiled OpenLDAP 2.4.23 and BDB 4.8.30, but unfortunately the problem still persists. I added 10000 Users added and: with RefreshAndPersist in 136 users at least one attribute was missing. with RefreshOnly in 34 users at least one attribute was missing.
In my post in March I said, that with accesslog I do not have this problem. This is not completely true. Meanwhile (also with 2.4.21) I found out that with accesslog I also have this problem, but less frequentely. So with about 40000 users added I had only about 1 or 2 attributes missing. With the new version I added 10000, 20000 and 80000 users without a single problem. So I am not sure, if this problem still persist with accesslog, but with RefreshAndPersist and RefreshOnly there is definitely still a problem. Due to the fact that no one else complains about this, maybe this problem is Windows only? Or is there someone else who also has this problem?
If you are interested I could provide you my windows test-application. With this the problem can be reproduced in a few minutes. Let me know if I should send you this program.
Thanks a lot so far.
Best regards, Frank Offermanns
Full_Name: Frank Offermanns Version: 2.4.21 OS: Windwos URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/ Submission from: (NULL) (126.96.36.199)
I am running LDAP from Head with BDB 4.8.26 as backend on windows. I
testing master/slave replication while adding 10000 users with 10
attributes. I am not using a specific time synchronization. Standard windows time synchronization in domains is active. But as far as I understood, a microsecond time synchronisation is only needed for master-master, which I am not testing.
BDB 4.8.26 is known problematic. Please use BDB 4.8.30, and OpenLDAP 2.4.23, and report back if you still have issues.
Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Engineer Zimbra, Inc
Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration