Clément OUDOT wrote:
I need to set up a backup OpenLDAP cluster and I am looking for advices on the
best solutions to achieve it.
The situation is:
* A mirror mode cluster on one geographical site
* A mirror mode cluster on another geographical site (backup site)
* I would prefer not to impact configuration of main cluster
* I think that full multi-master on different geographical site is not the
best solution (but maybe I am totally wrong on this point)
The backup site must be in sync with the main site.
Here are my two ideas:
* Configure a syncrepl client to main cluster on each node of the backup
cluster. Question is: will not be conflicts as each node of the backup cluster
is already synced with the other backup node?
If you are actually using mirrormode, where only one server receives writes at
a time, there can be no conflict.
* Configure a LDAP proxy (back-ldap) to backup cluster, with syncrepl
to main cluster. But would back-ldap be able to write operational attributes
to backup cluster?
Configure back-ldap with appropriate credentials, and configure updatedn on
the target server, then yes, it can write operational attributes.
I imagine that some of you already have such needs, could you share
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/