On Thu, 2015-01-01 at 22:35 +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
Brendan Kearney wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-12-31 at 13:50 -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 3:31 PM -0500 Brendan Kearney
>> <bpk678(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> /usr/sbin/slapd -u ldap -h "ldapi:/// ldap:///" -4 -d9
>>> olcServerID: 1 ldap://ldap1.bpk2.com
>>> olcServerID: 2 ldap://ldap2.bpk2.com
>>> not sure what is wrong. can someone point me in the right direction?
>> Your -h argument clearly does not match anything in olcServerID. Seems
>> fairly clear to me, which is what the error message you received was
>> pointing out. ;)
> its looking for cn=Subschema, which does not exist on the instance that
> wont start, does not exist on the MMR mirror instance, and cannot be
> added to the MMR mirror instance.
> 54a5a578 send_ldap_result: conn=-1 op=0 p=0
> 54a5a578 >>> dnNormalize: <cn=Subschema>
> 54a5a578 <<< dnNormalize: <cn=subschema>
> 54a5a578 read_config: no serverID / URL match found. Check slapd -h
Why don't you read Quanah's clear answer more carefully?
because it is irrelevant. as i stated, the listeners start:
54a5c33d daemon_init: listen on ldapi:///
54a5c33d daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
54a5c33d daemon_init: 2 listeners to open...
54a5c33d daemon: listener initialized ldapi:///
54a5c33d daemon: listener initialized ldap:///
54a5c33d daemon_init: 2 listeners opened
54a5c33d slapd init: initiated server.
54a5c33d slap_sasl_init: initialized!
moreover, the parameters i use are the defaults
also, the man page says they are perfectly acceptable
also, two other separate running instances use the same parameters
also, the MMR mirror to this instance is using the same parameters
also, this now defunct instance used them previously without issue, and
they have not been changed.
also, i have validated the DNS names
also, i have used ldap://<A Record>, ldap://<CNAME Record>/, and
ldap://<IP Address>/, all of which fail with the same error
also, i have added the A and CNAME Record info to /etc/hosts, and it
still failed in the same way, in the same place and with the same error.
clearly, the above proves that the parameters i am using are not the