--On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:05 PM +0000 Mike Greene
Hello list members,
I am trying to setup ldap 2.4.23 on new FreeBSD 8.2 "consumer" server to
replace a current system that is quite old. I have copied over the
slapd.conf file and associated certs, etc from the production system and
I'm able to get the server working using the sample slapd.conf and
examples in the quick setup guide. When I run slaptest -f
slapd.conf.artemis on the configuration file I copied over I get the
slapd.conf.artemis: line 86: index attribute "reqStart" undefined
slaptest: bad configuration file!
Running the same test on the production server's slapd.conf produces no
error at all.
I've googled, RTFM and read man pages trying to get a clue as to what
might be causing this, but I'm unable to unearth any leads that have
helped so far. What I have tried is to copy the production *.bdb files
over to the new server thinking that was the problem, I didn't try
re-indexing those files (just read about slapindex late last night, so
haven't tried that yet) I was also thinking that I might need to run
slapcat on the production db's and then import the ldif file using
slapadd (which I'm setting up to test shortly).
Clearly I'm missing something, I'm hoping that someone here who is much
more adept at LDAP can suggest some additional things to try. Below is
what I think are the relevant portions of the slapd.conf file, which
shows the section the slaptest complains about, the second section is our
replication area which I believe is directly related to the replication
If this is the config on a consumer, you don't need the accesslog database
at all... Only the master requires it. Did you moduleload the accesslog
Sr. Member of Technical Staff
A Division of VMware, Inc.
Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration