I have a few questions for multi-master mode:
1) olcServerID (two arguments): if a node's salpd binds to some interface alias
address, do I need an olcServerID for that interface alias, do I need an olcServerID for
the physical host, or do I need both?
2) What is the correct syntax for the second argument (URI): Do you need a final slash, do
you need the port? Currently I'm using a syntax like "olcServerID: 1
3) For the syncrepl privider, how is the syntax of the provider URI: With trailing slash,
or with port, or with none of those? Currently I'm using a syntax like
"olcServerID: 1 ldap://ldap.domain.org/"
4) Do I need olcUpdateRef? If so, for every server in the multi-master group? My guess is
that without olcUpdateRef each server will accept local changes and sync those out.
5) How does "mirrormode=on" affect a multi-master setup? I'm dealing with a
configuration tool (SLES11 SP2 YaST) tha tseems to have trouble with some configuration
settings, so I wonder how the correct configuration will look like.
6) On "split brain": If one server is separated from the rest, and that server
receives updates, and the rest receives updates also: The latest update of an entry will
overwrite older entries once the servers join again, right? Once delta-syncrepl will work
for multi-master, will the latest attribute change (as opposed to the latest entry change)
be propagated to the rest?
I read the documentation, but could not find answers to all of the questions above. Maybe
someone can help.