For reference, this is a slightly older installation (2.4.17 on Ubuntu). I was recently
informed that we had to
implement the ppolicy overlay ASAP for compliance reasons in this environment. I
don't have time to upgrade this
particular cluster at the moment, so I'm trying to work with what I've got.
The following pastie shows my config (or rather, the LDIFs I used to create the config),
and a partial trace of the
slapcat that segfaults: http://pastie.org/1223869
Interestingly, someone else had an identical issue with 2.4.15 on Ubuntu:
Unfortunately, no solution was ever posted, and I haven't gotten to the bottom of it
myself. I'm not quite sure what
the problem is, but it seems to be specific to ppolicy, and as far as I can tell by
reviewing the CVS log for commits to
ppolicy.c, no changes have been made in any revisions since that would fix a segmentation
fault (I'm using 184.108.40.206,
and there have been only two unrelated ITS's since then as it pertains to ppolicy.c).
I'm open to suggestions as to what might be causing slapcat to segfault after the
entries in my pastie above are added.
I've tried using no default ppolicy, an empty default ppolicy, and with no custom
pwdCheckModule, all to no avail.