--On Wednesday, January 11, 2023 5:33 AM +0000 "Nagesh Nikavade (EXT-NSB)"
We are migrating openldap from 2.4.51 to 2.6.2 and we have the following
• What is the End of life date for 2.4.x series?
It has already reached EOL from the project perspective.
• OpenLdap 2.6.x doesn't have BDB Data base Support but has
but in our existing machines where 2.4.51 is installed. Our data is
populated in ".BDB" files. So is there is any guide where and how our
data will be migrated from .BDB format to .MDB format ?
back-bdb was deprecated many years ago, and back-mdb has been the supported
backend in OpenLDAP 2.4 for years. I would advise migrating your current
deployment to back-mdb under OpenLDAP 2.4 prior to working on the OpenLDAP
2.6 upgrade. The general process would be:
1. export the current database(s) to ldif using slapcat
2. update the configuration to use back-mdb instead of back-bdb/hdb
3. import the LDIF file using slapadd
• There is a utility db_verify which verifies .BDB files which is
not working for .MDB files. What is utility to verify .MDB data files?
back-mdb doesn't require such a utility.