using openldap 2.4.13 (compiled from openldap.org
i have noticed the following, reproducable behaviour when converting
a slapd.conf to slapd.d:
if slapd.conf contains serverids with ldap-urls, e.g. in this format:
ServerID 1 "ldap://ldapmaster.local.site:9000"
ServerID 2 "ldap://ldapslave.local.site:9000"
the olcserverids always contains some trailing (garbage) characters
conversion, and are base64 encoded. when i set them manually in
ldapmodify, they are displayed "clean".
the serverid-lines in slapd.conf are "clean" (they contain no whsp/tabs
at the end
of the line or similar, invisible chars).
i have tested it without \"\ and without portnumber,
tested conversion with slaptest and slapd,
in virtual and real machines,
result is always the same.