I could find (very) few results while searching the internet for
MDB_MAP_RESIZED error in OpenLDAP, and they were of no help.
I'll describe my setup and the circumstances of the error.
I have OpenLDAP (version 2.4.47) and LMDB (version 0.9.22) installed
from Debian 10 default packages in a amd64 box.
Along with some usual settings (my slapd.conf file is attached), I set
the main database up using the mdb backend with maxsize = 7516192768
(7GB). The on-disk base size (the data.mdb file) is 134MB. I also have
loglevel = stats.
Everything seems to work flawless and fast, so all of a sudden syslog
prints this message:
Apr 14 09:47:56 my-ldap-box slapd: mdb_opinfo_get: err
MDB_MAP_RESIZED: Database contents grew beyond environment
and seconds later, the slapd daemon stop to answer requests, although
the service appears to be still running. This has happened 7 times
since April 7, when I moved the data from an old server to this one.
I changed loglevel to 'stats trace args shell' and I realized that
when the error occurs, there were always some ADD operations logged
I inspected the logs today, April 14, right after the occurrence of
the error and attached a file containing: 1) the error message, which
appears at 09:47:56, 2) the messages logged before, since 09:47:50, 3)
the messages logged after, until 09:48:01. This time on, slapd logged
no more messages and appeared to be stuck for the clients.
At 09:53:41 I restarted the daemon. The log generated from this time
until the first request answered is also attached.
For the record, I initially suspected of the replica server which was
running alongside the main server and which showed the same behavior.
This was because at then I associated the error with syncrepl
operations. But even after I stop the replica, the error keeps
ocurring in the main server.
Thanks for your consideration.
INFRA-TI / DTI
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antiv��rus e
acredita-se estar livre de perigo.