I figured it out. I had missed a attribute when I built my root object. It
needed to look like this:
o: Somebody cool
Once this was corrected all the other objects came in right.
On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:53 PM Ezsra McDonald <ezsra.mcdonald(a)gmail.com>
We were hoping to carry over all the operational attributes
with objects in the LDAP. If I remember correctly, ldapadd will not apply
On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:31 AM Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah(a)symas.com>
> --On Monday, April 15, 2019 9:17 AM -0500 Ezsra McDonald
> <ezsra.mcdonald(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am in the process of migrating my OpenLdap 2.3 system to a new
> > 2.4 system but something is not working right for the import(slapadd) to
> > the new system. There are 35,895 objects defined in the LDIF generated
> > slapcat.
> I would suggest you start with ldapadd to import, rather than slapadd, as
> you likely need the additional validation steps initially when doing the
> migration from 2.3 to 2.4.
> I'd also avoid using RH's native packages and use a current release. The
> LTB project and Symas both provide free alternatives to RH's builds.
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Product Architect
> Symas Corporation
> Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP solutions powered by OpenLDAP: