I have been using LMDB for over a year now.
It has been a wonderful experience.
A great thank you for the wonderful work that you guys have done.
Till now I have used it on the main thread. And for the info, I only make
use of LMDB named dbi.
I was trying to make it work in threads. Reading the docs on mdb_dbi_open
got me confused. The doc says
* The database handle will be private to the current transaction until
* the transaction is successfully committed.
* This function must not be called from multiple concurrent
* transactions in the same process. A transaction that uses
* this function must finish (either commit or abort) before
* any other transaction in the process may use this function.
I use MDB_NOTLS.
Does the doc mean I can't simultaneously read the same named dbi from
multiple threads because I have to wait for readers in other threads to
commit before starting a read of the same named dbi?