I have an issue with openldap and smbldap-tools. Maybe I am wrong, and it has nothing to
do with openldap.
At first I notice that for some reason when I was trying to create users with phpldapadmin
all my users had the same ID, 1001, so I tried to create users with smbldap-useradd and
found the following warnings:
Cannot confirm uidNumber 1001 is free: checking for the next on
Cannot confirm uidNumber 2670 is free: checking for the next on
So after hours of looking at the code in php of phpldapadmin, and looking to i think it
doesn't find the right number, for some weird reason in my configuration.
It seems like this problems are related since for some reason the UID of the users is not
easy to confirm.
Could it be that I added the ids from my backup and some posix accounts users already had
those ids and since then the rest of my UID got screwed.
Has anyone had any similar problem in the past.
Show replies by date