On March 12, 2020 the infrastructure for the OpenLDAP project will be
undergoing a long needed set of upgrades. In particular, the following
changes will be made:
* The Jitterbugs based issue tracker will be replaced with Bugzilla. All
existing issues will be migrated into Bugzilla.
* The list server will be upgraded from mailman2 to mailman3
* The git repository will be moved to a gitlab instance
It is expected that this maintenance will last several hours and most
project services will be unavailable during that time. A further email
will be sent once the migration is complete.
Once the migration is complete the method for accessing some resources will
* The new bugzilla tracking system will require a login to file bugs.
Individuals who have submitted bugs in the past will already have an
account created for them, but will need to request a password reset or use
the Github authentication method (as long as Github has the account email
* The updated mailman3 instance also will require a login for list
management. You will need to confirm your email in mailman before being
able to log in (either directly or via GitHub).
Additionally, several services will be read-only snapshots after the
* Existing mailing list archives (from mailmain2) will be retained at their
current location, but new emails will be archived in the mailman3 archive
* The FAQ site, which will be removed after useful content is migrated to a
new platform (yet to be decided)
* The FTP site will be only used for tarball distribution of new releases.
New patch submissions should be done either via gitlab (preferred) or as
attachments in bugzilla.