I have duplicated the configuration of the master system on another
machine and re-running the 1321 modifications from yesterday morning, I
am unable to reproduce the failure to add entries into the accesslog
So, as I was afraid, this problem requires an interaction between this
modify and some other sequence of changes. The most likely culprit in
my environment is our mail gateways that store records in our ldap
server to block delivery from certain "high volume" systems... It is
quite conceivable that a large influx of changes from those systems was
possible at the same time.
The other major difference was that I started this test with the
accesslog database being empty. I find that "slapcat" of the
cn=accesslog database doesn't include the dn's. So, slapadd can't load
them back in. Hmm... and after doing the test on the other machine, the
slapcat (on that machine) does include the dn value.... Perhaps I have
found my problem.
I guess I'm going to shutdown the master and wipe the accesslog database
tonight. See if this happens again :(
Frank Swasey | http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs
Sr Systems Administrator | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
University of Vermont | just like everyone else.
"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)