On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM, John Morrissey <jwm(a)horde.net>
>> Interseting. I've seen this sort of CPU usage issue with OpenLDAP
>> 2.3/BDB4.2.52 on Ubuntu 8. Do you know how BDB 4.7 was built? I.e.,
>> specifically, did it have the:
Sorry to hijack this thread but is bdb 4.7 now recommended for
OpenLDAP 2.4 ? Reason I am asking is that I finished building a new
FreeBSD server which uses BDB 4.6 as a backend and it got a core dump
when using ldapadd on about 500+ entries.
# pkg_info | grep openldap
openldap-sasl-client-2.4.15_1 Open source LDAP client implementation with SASL2 support
openldap-sasl-server-2.4.15 Open source LDAP server implementation
# ldd /usr/local/libexec/slapd | grep libdb
libdb-4.6.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.6.so.0 (0x800abd000)
# uname -r
Slapadd'ed 10,000+ entries no problem.
I did have a weird problem with two replicas where the indexes were apparently screwed up
immediately after priming them with slapadd. Any search on an indexed attr would return
the same partial results across both slaves. Running slapindex fix the issue, but I'm
Russell A. Jackson <raj(a)csub.edu>
California State University, Bakersfield
Seeing is believing.
You wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't believed it.