On Dec 7, 2013, at 2:48 AM, Marco Nett
- I have two OpenLDAP slapd servers (ldap1 and ldap2) configured as Multi-master.
- The both have the exact same data between the mirrored directories.
- If I create a new directory entry on one server, it immediately gets mirrored to the
- I'm happy.
- One LDAP-Master (ldap1) is down because of whatever.
- Changes to the directory are made on the LDAP-Master which is still up (ldap2).
- Changes are not mirrored to ldap1 because it's down.
- I'm a little worried but still happy.
- ldap1 is back up and running, but it's directory is not up to date.
- The changes made to ldap2 in state 2 are not on ldap1 and aren't getting replicated
- Mirroring again works fine, but ldap1 still doens't know about changes made in
- I'm confused because I can't seem to find any information on how to recover
I couldn't just delete the directory on ldap1 and import the one from ldap2 because
the importing would also be mirrored to ldap2. right?
how would i go about recoverying from a downtime in a multi-master setup?
What is the exact version of openldap are you running?
To recover, you could slapcat ldap2 and slapadd that to ldap1 so the db's and
csn's are sync'd up.